Saturday, February 28, 2009

Not Much of a Blogger

So by now you've realized that I'm not much of a blogger. How long has it been since I last posted?! Well I'll try to change that so I post at least once a week.

Was just reading through Acts and had a questioning moment. The Lord is my King, but I have a hard time understanding why He allows some very faithful followers to die and others to live. In chapter 12, Herod Agrippa I beheads the disciple James and then plans to do the same to Peter. However, the Lord frees Peter but lets James die.

Closely connected to mission aviation, we have been distressed over the news of fellow missionary aviators going down in the jungles of Venezuela. It's been about two weeks without word from them. If the Lord chooses to let them die, I have to ask myself why He would let missionaries on His front lines be killed. These are more rhetorical questions for myself, but still I wonder. It saddens me, but can the Lord use me greater in death than in life? Is my witness to Christ stronger when I die than in my day-to-day life? Only you can answer that for yourself.

This blog posting is dedicated Beau Bockmann. He was killed in a car accident in the summer of 2007 after witnessing to a coworker. The Beau Blessing continues on my friend. I will see you soon!

No comments: