Sunday, December 28, 2008

Tower and Internet Up and Working!

We now have reliable and decent-speed internet on the base. Over the last month or so, we have put up a 100-foot tower with a internet antenna. Wow, who knew that it would take so long, but it is finally here. While it's not the fastest internet, it is a huge improvement over what we had (max speed of just under 1 mbsp - about 3G speeds). I think everyone on the base is excited.

Yep, that also means I don't have to go to the internet cafe to skype, upload the website, and download things. It brings a little more normalcy to living in a third-world country. It's nice being tapped in to news and easy emails. You should hear from me soon.

God bless and look to Him for direction in your life.

1 comment:

amber lynn said...

Hey! My name is Amber - We don't know each other, but I stumbled across your blog and was so excited because I volunteered at Peru Projects in 2007. I have been wondering how things are going down there - I miss it a lot!! It's been great to read your stories and I look forward to more! Tell Edie, Beto and Amalia I say "hello"!!